Friday, November 21, 2008

Press update

Today I woke up and headed out to Forest Grove Iron & Industrial Supply for some steel. When I got out there I started explaining what I was building and they were very interested. They offered to roll some steel for me to help make the large crank. I went into the shop and started talking to a guy about a vacation he just went on to pick up a wife, but then I moved on to watching the steel get rolled. The machine he was using to roll the steel was the exact same design as the press but instead of two linear rollers there were three in a triangle configuration. It turned out to be a worthwhile adventure out to Forest Grove, I will be sure to get out there again.

The main mechanism in detail



All together without the cranks--will be working on that tomorrow.

No comments: