Friday, January 8, 2010

Winter quarter

What a break! My mom flew me into Vegas for 5 days so we could celebrate her birthday together, and then we both flew back to Tyler, Texas for Christmas with our family. We had a great time, but Elysia was still back in Portland so I came home to spend Christmas and her birthday together. Elysia and I exchanged gifts on Skype with our families and did our own thing, it was probably my best Christmas since I was 10.

Then school started and I had to get my head on straight again.

I am teaching two classes at Portland State and an art class at Laurelhurst Elementary. One of the classes at Portland State is a introductory sculpture course with 22 students and the other is a design/build course focused on alternative energy with 10 students. Both the college and the elementary classes are putting me in the same position as Build Something Together did, so maybe this is just another continuation of my process.

I also decided to apply for a job with Teach For America. It would be great to have a job with them when we go back to Kansas City. For now all I can do is cross my fingers and hope for the best.

If you want to see the blogs for my classes you can visit them: http://3dpsu.blogspot.com and http://altenergypsu.blogspot.com

Take care

No comments: